If you do nothing else, on a monthly basis update your resume on job boards, it keeps your name in circulation for future jobs. Yes, you must perform and promote yourself, shamelessly at the same time to remain competitively.
Here’s a tip on using ‘keywords’ in your resume and social media to get human resource recruiters, attention. Note, not using keywords in your resume will not allow there computer to detect that you are in the system.
I have found the following ‘keywords’ are used in general management resumes, business networking sites and job boards.
I recommend that you use them in your summaries, job description/accomplishments to describe yourself as an ‘obvious’ choice to solve a company problem.
- Match resume 'keywords'..... to job description 'keywords' ads.
- Explain how you can save the company money or help it make more money by utilizing your skills and experience
- Talk about how well you influence and work together with other team members
- How you Meet and Exceed Deadlines
- Applied Quality Improvement ideas that you may have to improve the job you are applying for.
- Leadership Skills that you have used at a prior company
- Training and developing certified skills for the job or position you are applying
Broke-to-Better Blogs, Nomopofolks Association, Dallas, Texas